|Club / Company Biography||
Painswick is proud of its association with Gloucester RFC, and refer to ourselves as the “Original Cherry and Whites”. In 1873 we loaned our shirts to the newly formed Gloucester RFC and since then, they, as the more famous ‘Cherry & Whites’, have achieved significant success in rugby. In the meanwhile Painswick RFC has enjoyed the camaraderie of the wonderful game of Rugby at a slightly lower level.
With the aid of a National Lottery grant, and other sources of funding, a clubhouse was completed and opened in 1997. The vision of Ted and his helpers also allowed the Club to share facilities with the Cricket and Hockey Clubs, and lease land to the thriving Tennis Club who now have 6 floodlit courts.